Congratulations CoE! The SCG-Oxford Centre of Excellence for Chemistry have been named 2019 winner of the prestigious Industry-Academia Collaboration Award from the Royal Society of Chemistry. The SCG-Oxford Centre of Excellence for Chemistry have won the award for creating a unique and long-standing collaboration bringing benefits to chemical science.
The CoE was founded in 2012 by Professor Dermot O’Hare. We are a group of Chemists with a wide range of research interests spanning the breadth of chemistry.
Information on our active projects can be found in the Research and our associated Professors sections.
- Since its establishment in 2012, the CoE has been associated with 22 Chemistry Professors, 31 PDRAs, 23 PhD students and 1 administrator.
- So far, 47 projects have been funded amounting to over £12 million.
- Since 2011, CoE projects have resulted in 33 publications in international peer reviewed journals.
- In 2015/16, 10% of all the new patent filings arising from the University of Oxford originated from the CoE.
- In 2015, Prof. Dermot O’Hare was awarded an MPLS Impact Acceleration Account Secondment Fund Award to spend a sabbatical year with SCG Chemicals in Bangkok, Thailand.
- In 2016, Prof. Dermot O’Hare was awarded a Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division Impact Award in recognition of the creation of the SCG-Oxford Centre of Excellence in Chemistry.
- Prof Dermot O’Hare and SCG's presentation to HRH Princess Sirindhorn at the British Embassy, Bangkok in 2016
- In March 2017 the first pilot plant for nanomaterial synthesis was opened as a joint collaboration between SCG, University of Oxford and Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- The first product launch from a discovery made in Oxford at the CoE is due in 2018/19.